Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Home alone

Our trip to Fort Fun was a success. Baby girl traveled well once again. We had to skip the cloth diapers over the weekend since we were on the road and I didn't want to do laundry at M's daddy's house all weekend to have clean diapers. Not to mention that I'm afraid Pretzel would've tried to eat them. We started the cloth diapers again when we got home, and it seems to be going well. I'm still not entirely sure that S is comfortable, but I'm not sure whether she really is uncomfortable or if she just has to adjust to the new bulk. I think I am going to try to find a different cover, though. The velcro on the Thirsties seems to consistently irritate her, and the Motherease covers are way baggy. I'll have to order online, though, as the local hippie mama store only carries those. Oh the frustration.Of course, now that we're home and getting settled back in, M is out of town at a conference again. He left yesterday and will be back tomorrow afternoon, and he leaves again Thursday morning for two days of meetings in Cincinnati. I don't remember signing up for single parenthood, but apparently no one at his office got that memo. I'm already wiped out...especially since Otis is being a complete spazoid. I've never wanted to give him away as badly as I did yesterday afternoon. I would've sold him to the gypsies if they'd come by. I'd feel bad about it now, I'm sure, but I wouldn't have cared yesterday.

I'm off to wrap Mother's Day gifts now. I suppose I should get those in the mail, eh?

Have a great Tuesday, peeps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweets. So sorry your hubby is MIA! I hate it when Bryan leaves and we don't even have a baby :) I think you should just be proactive and send his boss the memo that he clearly never received. The nerve of some people!