Thursday, May 24, 2007

Funk nasty

What's grosser than gross?

My baby today.

The AC crapped out on Tuesday afternoon. I was so busy yesterday that I never got around to calling anyone to come fix it. I'm sure I sound like a huge wiener considering it's not even June, but it's been in the mid-80s all week, and the giant windows that face west make our living room unbearable on hot, sunny afternoons. Anyway, baby girl was all sweaty this afternoon, and she was, as usual, trying to drown herself in drool. Add that wonderfully sticky drool and sweat mixture to the stinky gas and poop, and you've got a winning combination. Grossest baby ever...

I love her and all of her grossness.

The AC is fixed now, and I'm not even going to complain about the fact that I'm already cold. I'll wait and fuss about that tomorrow.

In normal, non-mommy-related Ouiser-world, I've been on a baking kick this week. I made the obligatory "my bananas are too ripe" banana nut bread on Sunday. Homemade brownies on Tuesday. Today I made pita bread...or a hybrid Cosi-flatbread/pita bread. I've also got cupcakes cooling on the counter (baby girl turns four months old tomorrow!!), which I'll decorate in the morning.

I'd post the recipe for the pita bread, but I'd have nothing to send my dear friend S for the June edition of "Try This!"

Happy Thursday evening, peeps. Later.

No comments: