Thursday, May 03, 2007

Fat bottomed girls

We're trying out our cloth diapers for the first time today. They make S's butt look so fat. It's funny...especially since she didn't need any help in the chubby bottom department. I'm not sure she's crazy about them. We're using a Thirsties cover right now, and I think the edge of the velcro strip is rubbing against her tummy. We bought a Motherease cover, too, so we'll give that a whirl this afternoon. She's had one wet diaper since we started this morning, and it wasn't so bad. Of course, she was fussing like mad, and I'm not sure if the fussing was based on her being wet, hungry, or tired as all three were going on at the same time. We'll just keep at it for the day and see what happens. We're going to Fort Wayne for the weekend, so we'll be using the old disposables.

Sleep training is going well, although last night wasn't as good as the night before. She woke up at 3:15 last night, determined to be fed. I held out for 20 minutes before I decided she probably was actually hungry. She woke up again at 6:15, so I fed her then, too, even though I probably should've let her put herself back to sleep. I was worried that it was too light outside, though. The night before last she slept from 9:15 to 6 before she even budged. It was glorious.

Of course, she has developed this nasty little habit of turning sideways in the bed. I guess she figures that lying parallel to her parents is too predictable. Perpendicular is way more interesting. M and I think so. He slept diagonally in the bottom right corner of the bed for awhile last night to avoid being kicked in the head. I've learned to perch precariously on the edge of the bed to avoid being slapped intermittently through the night. M keeps warning me not to fall off the bed. The baby, however, has all the room she can handle. As soon as we get back this weekend, we'll likely move her to the crib. We need the space, and I'd hate for hubby to show up at work with a black eye courtesy of his daughter.

We've got friends coming over for lunch, so I have to run. Have a great weekend, peeps.

No comments: