Wednesday, July 11, 2007

it's not easy being green

S and I did a little work in the garden yesterday afternoon. Correction. She played in the ExerSaucer and "sang" to herself while I worked in the garden. The tomato plants were growing out of control and were beginning to really overtake half of the basil plants. Sooooo, I dug up the endangered basil, moving it to the edge of the garden. I also added another stake for the tomato plants...basically tying up anything that would reach. I can't bear the thought of my beautiful tomatoes rotting on the ground. Plus, we have a bunny that is trying to make our garden into his own private pantry. With everything tied up off the ground, Otis can actually see the bunny and chase him away. Just call Otis "Mr. McGregor." I love it. Besides...I thought bunnies wanted lettuce and carrots. Who ever heard of bunnies trying to swipe zucchini and tomatoes? Beyond that, I actually went to the gym yesterday. With our attempts at getting S into a more predictable napping routine and the nursery being closed from 115-315 in the afternoons, it's actually pretty difficult to get across town to work out while avoiding the mad rush of mommies during the morning classes and the insanity of evening rush hour. I think I've decided I just have to be ready to hop into the car and head that way at a moment's notice. Anywho, I actually ran at the gym. Normally, I am a weights and elliptical machine girl. Yesterday, however, I decided to hop on a treadmill since the machines I like were all occupado. Holy BenGay, Batman. My legs are sore today. It's good, though. It makes me feel like less of a sloth. More like a geriatric, but less like a sloth.

Alright, I'm off to finish the laundry. Happy Wednesday, peeps. Here's a gratuitous S shot.

2 comments:

Sarah Berry said...

I can't BELIEVE the size of your zucchini and tomatoes!! B. and I marvel every morning at the little 3" pepper that we have. And as far as tomatoes, the buds are still flowering, so we're a ways off. Chalk it up to those central New York winters that run clear into June.

Love the gratuitous baby shot :)

die Frau said...

So precious! S., not the veggies, although I am impressed.

I have one tomato growing and I could not be prouder.