Wednesday, April 06, 2011

baby number one vs. baby number two

We've all heard things like, "every pregnancy is different." And, in my now vast experience, that appears to be true. I've carried T differently. The sicknesses were different. It was all just different. But that's not what I'm here to talk about.

What I'm here to talk about is this: when I was pregnant with S, I was convinced that I was going to have her four weeks early. I just knew it. It didn't happen, and that's cool with me. However, I was ready for her arrival six weeks ahead of schedule. It was pretty typical Ouiser. The nursery was ready. The bag was packed. The birth announcements were designed.

Baby T?

Not ready. I am emphatically not ready. My bag isn't packed. The nursery is a mess. The car seat isn't in the car. While I understand that with my second child, I have the necessities: boobs, diapers, car seat, I am ill prepared. And now I'm having contractions. Contractions that are getting longer and closer together and ever-so-slightly more uncomfortable.

I am sincerely hoping that I can jinx myself out of labor by posting this. Really. Because the pajama bottoms that I was planning to take to the hospital are in the washing machine. Because my house is an absolute wreck from all the recent insanity and being in Fort Wayne for five days....and having carpet installed upstairs. Somebody, send me "stop labor" vibes.

Please.

No comments: