Wednesday, December 03, 2008

finger painters for hire

S and I finger painted this afternoon before nap time. Originally, I just sat down with her and painted a bit, then I remembered, "hey! I have a blank canvas in my bedroom, and I bought paint last week to paint a picture for S's bathroom. HELLO." The squishiness of the acrylic paint all over my fingers was great. Ridiculously cathartic. I highly recommend it. Besides, what else are you going to do with a forty dollar canvas?? Use a brush??

Either way, here are the results. Please note that my child seems to think that finger paint is for painting her fingers. She painted more on herself than on the paper. I did not get a picture of the resulting green bath water. I will say that at some point, the octopus picture will say, "I'd like to be under the sea." Get it? In an octopus's garden. I am so clever that sometimes it hurts.

2 comments:

Sarah Berry said...

Oh my gosh, you're a brave woman to let a 2 year old finger paint!

Love the octopus!! So friendly and cute!

feather nester said...

Love it! So cute!