Friday, April 11, 2008

riders on the storm

Remember that one time when Val Kilmer was hot? You know the time. The time he starred in The Doors. Anyway...

The storm.

We had some lovely thunderstorms tear through last night. I slept like a baby. My baby slept like a baby. M got up at one point to watch the Weather Channel. As Feathernester and I had planned a trip to the Nashville Farmer's Market for this morning, I was not happy when I awoke to steadily falling rain. Alas, the skies had cleared by the time I got out of the shower, and I checked the radar...all looked good. Clearly, the radar map was zoomed in too close to Dickson. We'd been at the farmer's market about 15 minutes, drooling over plants for our gardens, when I got a text message. I don't get a lot of those, so I was curious. It was from M.

"R U 2 safe," was the message. Okay, we are not 15. We rarely use abbreviations in our few and far between text messages. We're old school. Or at least we're old. In normal situations, the message would've read, "are you two safe? i love you."

"What's going on?" I thought to myself as I dialed M. Apparently, tornadoes were touching down in Dickson County and he was afraid we were sitting under piles of rubble. Luckily, we weren't even around for it. At that point, I did notice some pretty ominous clouds looming nearby, so we were forced to cut our little field trip short. Oh, well. All the Ouisers and Feathernesters are safe and sound...and we are now enjoying some really gorgeous weather. 65 degrees and sunny. Really, really lovely. It would be better without the mud, but I'll take what I can get.

Alright, I've got to go dig my plants out of my car. Have a great weekend, peeps.

FIVE SENSES FRIDAY:
Sight: S asleep in the backseat
Sound: "please" from S as she begged for orange juice
Smell: dirt
Touch: S tickling my belly
Taste: breakfast cookies and the fries that Feathernester had at lunch

No comments: