Thursday, July 07, 2011

tea time.

It should be noted that this post has nothing to do with my son, but I like to remind you that he exists. He just doesn't do much. Also, he's three months old today. That's 25% of a year, but I am still not acknowledging his age. He was just born. I'm sure of it. Anyway, here he is in all his adorable chubby cuteness. Oh, I do love him.
This post is really about tea. After S and I went to tea at American Girl Place, she requested that we have a tea party with some friends. Today was the day. S wore lots of jewelry and a hat, and she requested that I also wear lots of cheap plastic jewelry because...it's fancy. So, we got all decked out, busted out some old china, and had us a tea party.
S made menus and demanded that they grace the table. I was not all that pleased, but it was her party.

The Menu

First course
Banana Bread Bruschetta
Fruit Skewers

Second course
Chicken Salad on Pita Points
PB&J tea sandwiches

Dessert
Dark Chocolate Marshmallows
Strawberry Shortcake

There was also pink lemonade, not tea. Little girls don't actually like hot tea.

We (the girls and the mamas) discussed our favorite books, our favorite places to play, and where we'd like to visit. All in all, it was a pretty good morning.
This photo pretty accurately captures the personalities of these three wonderful girls. I'd like to squeeze them all. The Ouiser ladies. Check out the fancy jewels. No boobs were shown to earn the Mardi Gras beads...unless you count the eight times a day I whip out a boob for all in my vicinity to see as I feed my son. But that's another story.

No comments: