Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Lazy days- everyday

After 28 days of blissful unemployment, an update.

I have the ability to be a completely lazy person when presented the opportunity. I told myself that I wasn't going to do anything the first day that I didn't have to go to work. You know, sleep in, watch TV all day, act like I didn't see the piles of laundry or dishes. It was so fun the first day, that I decided, "I've had a job something like everyday of my life since I was sixteen. I think I'll take the rest of the week off," and I did. Amazingly, it's hard to get back into a more productive swing of things after supreme and complete laziness, but I am trying to do laundry and the dishes now.

Otis has been pretty bored with the lazy Ouiser routine. He has taken to chewing the corners of the down throw pillows and the actual back cushions of the couch, both of which regularly land him in his kennel- as does his newly frustrating habit of barking at us when he wants to play. He is quite the handful. He was wonderful on his first trip to Indiana this weekend, though, so he won a few brownie points (most of which he spent when I discovered the damage to the corner of the couch.)

Other than that, all is well. I'm going to dig up some of the plants from the garden this week. The tomato plants are growing out of control, and I am afraid that they are suffocating the smaller pepper and basil plants. I am amazed, however, that this garden has been such a success. Luckily, my labor (and a lot of husband's labor as he waters the garden for me when he waters his new grass at night) isn't all for naught- I'm giving them away to friends. I suppose that means that I won't be able to pawn off bags of tomatoes on them, though. Maybe I need to make a few new friends!!

I am certain that is enough of an update for one day. Seeing as I haven't done much, and I don't plan to do much, I wouldn't want to run out of things to say:)

No comments: